Am I eligible to register?
You are eligible to register for the OET if you meet the requirements mentioned below:
- You are 35 years or below in age.
You have completed 3 years of Graduation (12+3 years) in an University approved stream in India :
(Arts, Commerce, Science, Computers, BMM, BMS, BE, Catering, etc….)
- You are appearing for your last semester or Third year Graduation in the present Academic year.
In this last case, should you be selected for the XIC Course of your choice, and successfully complete it in keeping with the Academic, Attendance and other standards laid down by XIC, the Diploma will be awarded only on completion of your Graduation and on production of the relevant attested Final mark-sheet of your graduation.
Eligibility for AICP
- A Graduate in any discipline and Work experience of 2 years in a non-staff function (executive or supervisory function desired).
- Organizational sponsorship for this program preferred but not compulsory. However a letter from the organization shall be required stating that they are aware of your joining this program.
If I fulfill the above mentioned criteria, what is the NEXT stage?
REGISTER for the XIC "ONLINE ENTRANCE TEST" (OET)
- The OET process requires you to appear for an ONLINE TEST, the duration of which is 90 MINUTES - at the Centre in the city of your choice.
- On completion of the ONLINE TEST, ONLY those who attain the minimum qualifying standard laid down by the XIC Academic Board, will be called upon to appear for a Personal Interview via a 'SKYPE' Video Interview. (S V I )
- This S V I will be conducted immediately after the completion of the Online Test; and at the same OET Centre.
How can I register for the online entrance test (OET)?
For a trouble- free Registration process please follow these steps:
- Since payments can be made by using your Bank DEBIT or CREDIT Cards, please ensure that these Cards are NET- BANKING ENABLED. If you are unsure, kindly call up the bank concerned and request them to enable this facility for this transaction. After this is cleared with your bank, you may proceed to the NEXT step.
LOGIN to the XIC WEBSITE under Admission 2017 - 2018 and click on REGISTER.
Before filling up the OET Registration Form Online, ENSURE that you keep a Scanned copy of a recent passport-size photograph of yourself ready for uploading.
- As part of the Registration Process, you have to provide us with your Statement of Purpose (SOP). This Statement of Purpose is considered a personal document. If you qualify for the Personal Interview stage, it could be brought up for discussion. Hence, please give sufficient thought when putting your SOP together.
- Select your preferred Centre and Date.
OPTIONAL: Portfolio (work/projects undertaken by you). A candidate is allowed to send only two of his/her best work/project (max 10 MB) to their respective Course Co-ordinator’s email id within 2 days after registration. Portfolio can be an essay, write-up, video/documentary or photographs by you. In case of a film or documentary, please do send us the link where we can view it.
Kindly note that if you have any portfolios, it should be strictly sent to XIC within 2 days after your registration.
Public Relations & Corp. Comm. : firstname.lastname@example.org Advt. & Mktg. Comm. : email@example.com Film, Television & Digital Video Production. : firstname.lastname@example.org Journalism & Mass Comm. : email@example.com Communication for Development : firstname.lastname@example.org
In the first line of your mail, please type your Name in BOLD. (as given in the Application Form). Rewrite your REGISTRATION No., OET date and the Name of the Centre.
- Now you can proceed and complete the payment procedure.
- FAILURE to upload your SCANNED PHOTOGRAPH or provide proper details, will not allow you to proceed further.
- On completion of your Registration, please note down your Application Number & store it safely.
- Your ADMIT CARD will be sent to you later on the E-mail ID mentioned in your Registration form. Therefore, ensure that you provide us with an authentic E-MAIL ID.
Should you not receive the ADMIT CARD after the registration procedure please check you Junk/Spam Email Folders.
- Finally, please PRINT YOUR ADMIT CARD and preserve it carefully. Only this document will be accepted in all further transactions between you and XIC.
What is the AMOUNT of the Registration fee for the XIC OET?
The Registration fee for the OET is ₹ 3,500/- only (inclusive of prevailing Service Tax).
WHAT CAN HAPPEN IF MY REGISTRATION IS NOT SUCCESSFUL?
Please do not panic; glitches and mistakes could happen! Should you experience difficulty in registering successfully, you will be given instructions ONLINE, to enable you to fill up a FRESH Registration Form. You will also be issued a NEW Application Number.
CAN I REGISTER FOR MORE THAN ONE COURSE?
You may do so; though, not advisable!
A separate registration needs to be done in case one wishes to attempt the Entrance Test in more than one course.
If you choose to do so, there could be a possibility that the computerized Registration Process could allot the same time slot to you, for both tests. Should this happen, please bring it to the attention of the Controller of OET at the XIC office on email at email@example.com so as to enable them to provide you with suitable alternatives.
What would be the process and contents of the Online Entrance Test?
The OET will be a 90 minute ONLINE Test carrying a TOTAL of 150 marks.
It will consist of TWO SECTIONS: OBJECTIVE and SUBJECTIVE.
The OBJECTIVE SECTION carries 100 marks. It is for a duration of 60 minutes.
It will consist of questions based on Language Skills, General Knowledge and Knowledge of Media, Logical and Analytical skills..
The SUBJECTIVE SECTION carries 50 marks. It is for a duration of 30 minutes.
This section will consist of 3 questions which could be media related in order to assess creativity, social values, writing skills, etc. Some questions will also be related to the Course you are applying for.
NOTE: Answers containing unnecessary abbreviations or SMS language will not be assessed.
How will I know whether I have qualified for the 'SKYPE Video Interview' (SVI)?
Candidates who qualify for the "Skype Video Interview" (SVI) will be intimated by the Test Supervisor IMMEDIATELY on completion of the ONLINE TEST.
These candidates will need to make arrangements to stay back / wait for an added hour (at least) till the "Skype Video Interview" takes place.
IMPORTANT : "SKYPE VIDEO INTERVIEW" will be conducted for candidates applying for the Journalism (JR), Advertising (AM), Film & TV (FT) and Communication for Development (C4D) Courses (ONLY).
- The P.I. via "Skype Video Interview" will NOT APPLY TO CANDIDATES applying for the OET at the MUMBAI CENTRE. At this Centre, the successful candidates obtaining minimum qualification standard in the OET will be informed about appearing for a "LIVE" Personal Interview immediately after the TEST.
- Candidates applying for Advt. & Mktg. Comm. and Film, Television Course and appearing for the OET at the DELHI CENTRE and obtaining the minimum qualification standard in the OET will be informed about appearing for a "LIVE" Personal Interview immediately, on completion of the Online Entrance Test, at the same centre.
- Candidates applying for PUBLIC RELATIONS & CORP. COMM. COURSE and appearing for the OET at the MUMBAI and DELHI CENTRE and obtaining the minimum qualification standard in the OET will be informed about appearing for a Group Discussion(GD) and "LIVE" Personal Interview (PI) if qualified after GD immediately, on completion of the Online Entrance Test, at the same centre
- Candidates applying for PUBLIC RELATIONS & CORP. COMM. COURSE and appearing for the OET from the PUNE, BENGALURU AND KOLKATTA centres and obtaining the minimum qualification standard in the OET will be informed and invited to XIC, Mumbai Centre for a Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) if qualified after GD. The dates for the GD/PI for these centres are mentioned below :
Centre : XIC Mumbai
Students clearing their OET from Delhi Centre (13th, 14th, 15th May) will have their GD/PI at Delhi centre itself.
All candidates applying for the PUBLIC RELATIONs & CORP. COMM. COURSE
kindly read the note below:
Mass Communication Marathi (MCM)
Entrance Test (Hand written)
Written Test and Interview on the same day.
Test Centre :
Xavier Institute of Communications, (XIC)
St Xavier's College Campus,
5, Mahapalika Marg, Mumbai 400 001.
Registration Fees: ₹ 250/- (Inclusive of service tax)
Short-listed candidates will appear for Personal Interview on the same day of the Entrance Test.
Final results will be declared on Thursday, 15th June 2017, 4.00 p.m.
What happens after the 'SKYPE Video / LIVE Interview'?
Wait patiently till JUNE 1, 2017 (tentative date) for the RESULTS! Based on the overall performance, the final list of successful candidates will be drawn up This will be posted on the XIC Website and the XIC Notice Boards.
Will a 'WAIT LIST' be announced?
Yes. The Wait List will be announced tentatively on June 12th, 2017 at approx. 4 p.m. on our website
What will be the mode of Payment of Course Fees for selected candidates?
The selected candidates will have to deposit their Course designated fees by June 10th, 2017 by 4 p.m. The Procedure for payment of fees will be uploaded on the site.
In case of a 'NO SHOW'
If the fees are not received by the XIC office within the stipulated period, it will be taken for granted that you wish to forego your seat. XIC will then approach the next in line on the Wait List, in order to fill the vacant seat.
WHEN AND WHERE WILL THE XIC OETs BE CONDUCTED?
Saturday, 29th April, 2017
Saturday, 6th May, 2017
Saturday, 13th May, 2017
St. Xavier’s College Campus,
5, Mahapalika Marg,
Mumbai 400 001.
2005/2006 St. Vincent’s Street,
Pune 411 001.
30, Mother Teresa Sarani (Park Street)
Kolkata 700 016.
163, Brigade Road,
Bengaluru 560 025.
For Further AssistanceContact XIC Office - The HUB
|Phone||:||+91 22 2262 1366 / 1639|
|Monday to Friday||:||10.30 am - 1.00 pm & 2.00 pm - 5.00 pm.|
|Saturday||:||10.00 am - 1.00 pm|
XIC Office WILL REMAIN CLOSED on the following Public holidays
|April, 13th||Monday, Thursday (half day)|
|April, 14th||Good Friday|
|May, 1st||Maharashtra Day|
Please note: The XIC office - the HUB - will remain closed from May 22nd to May 27th 2017.